Monday 19 September 2011

Words and Pictures

....and I don't mean the childrens's telly program of the 70's ,although I loved it, particularly the episodes with the stop motion animation stories, there was a really good Russian one once with Prokofiev's 'Troika' (from Lieutenant Kijé) as the soundtrack....but I digress...
I mean using text as part of the image. I have been experimenting with this idea for a while, and I don't know that I have solved it to my satisfaction, but here they are anyway.

yes this spider only has six legs, I drew it from life (or death actually) and it was minus a couple.

don't plums just deserve to be in the spotlight?

not a total success in that you can't really read the text, but I like it anyway, it reminds me a little of a Shirley Hughes drawing.

The spider one is my favourite, the text seems to fit with the image in a way that the others don't. Having said that, it's all just experimentation. Often the images that find their way here are like sketchbook images, not done in a sketchbook but explorations just the same....

2 comments:

  1. i like seeing all your new work naomi!! Lovely!

    ps. Yumi and I just took a stained glass course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks debbie! I looked at your stained glass, I really liked the birds! I am working on some glass stuff for christmas so watch this space.....

    ReplyDelete